When you learn to knit and realize that it's something that you don't just enjoy, but love to do you encounter this giant world of knitters; a whole community of people who are obsessed with yarn and needles.
It can be intimidating to approach the knitting world when you first learn. People in yarn shops seem so confident, knowing all of the knitting secrets that it feels like you have so much to learn, like being at the first day of school in a new town. There's knitting social networks, knitting websites, knitting patterns, yarn companies -it's a little like visiting a new country and learning a whole new language. It can be difficult to even know where to start.
Here's the Knit Luck Guide to the World of Knitting, an introduction to knitting, knitters, knit blogging and how to let knitting change your life.
The Knit Luck Guide to the World of Knitting:
- How to Know if Knitting is For You
- The Best Knitting Books for Beginners
- Knitting Magazines
- The New Knitter's Guide to the Yarn Harlot Books
- Knitter Fiction - Literature about Knitters
- The New Knitter's Guide to Ravelry
- The New Knitter's Guide to Knitting Notions
- The New Knitter's Guide to Reading Knitting Patterns
- The New Knitter's Guide to Knit Blogging
- The New Knitter's Guide to Your Local Yarn Shop
- The New Knitter's Guide to Knitting Groups
Here are our resources for new knitters:
- The Best Knitting Tutorials
- Must-Read Knitting Books
- Online Yarn Store Directory (external link to KnitMap)
- Knitting Social Networks
- Knitting Events and Conventions
- Gifts For Knitters
- Android Knitting Apps